Are you 18-24? Outgoing, friendly and a natural with new people? A force on Facebook and a talent on Twitter? Like working in a small team and having fun on the job?
Impact Hub Brixton is a hiring a Business and Communications Apprentice!
Supporting the team in Digital Communications, Marketing, Customer Service and Administration, this is an exciting opportunity to anyone keen to learn and be part of a motivated team in a busy environment. You’ll complete an NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration at the same time – training is included.
Our ideal candidate has a friendly and passionate personality. They’ll love the idea of working among start-up businesses and want to work for a business focussed on making positive social impact. They’ll want to roll up their sleeves and get involved in lots of activities.
We need someone with strong communication skills – including good literacy and an outgoing personality – who is confident managing social media platforms. Strong IT skills are important too. Training will be provided, but we need someone who is self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Support the team in greeting and chatting with people who come into the space
- Help out at weekly community events (Members Lunch and Tea & Cakes)
- Help plan and deliver special community events (e.g. Christmas party, Summer party)
- Be responsible for managing digital platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Produce photo and video material for the Hub, with support from the team
- Connect Hub members via Yammer, our internal digital platform
- Coordinate the production of a fortnightly members newsletter
- Update the website with details of our regular events
- With direction from the team, help to raise awareness about Impact Hub, such as through site listings and leaflet distributions
- Support in coordinating tours to visitors and answering queries
Upkeep of Space
- Help us find and purchase essential items
- Maintain the Hub events wall, ensuring details are current and accurate
Team Communications and support
- Provide information at team meetings
- Support the team in their tasks as needed and providing administrative support
Location: Impact Hub Brixton, Pop Brixton, Lambeth
Salary: £14,000 per year
Hours: 37 hours per week, to include off-site training for apprenticeship qualification
Contract Length: 12 months, likely to be extended to a Permanent Contract, depending on performance.
Ideal start date: End June
Qualifications: With this role, you will complete a Business Administration NVQ Level 2 Apprenticeship
Note: We will give preference to candidates based in Lambeth. We particularly encourage male applicants to apply.
APPLY: Please send a CV and cover letter, stating why you want to work at a Hub and why you’d be great for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 6th June 2015.